Sunday, November 23, 2008

mar 100/perez - blog

Advertising has many forms. Commercials are one of the most popular ways to advertise. Advertisers want you to remember the product so they use tools such as a catchy song to make you remember the commercial which then makes you remember the product. I remember when i was a little girl one of my favorite commercials was the Jello commercial with Bill Cosby that sang J-E-L-L-O.... its alive. i would sing it all the time and of course i always wanted jello right after. Today i noticed that i heard one commercial so many times it drove me crazy! Then when my baby nephew starting singing it (in his own little way b/c he is only 1) i knew that the commercial just airs too much! Save by zero the Toyota commercial came on at least 20 times throught the day. yes its on during football for "men" but boy did that commercial annoy me! So this just shows over advertising something can work in both ways.




No comments: